Stand out from the Crowd
The Christmas and New Year period is often a time when people take stock of their professional career and decide upon the next chapter. Whilst it is still early days in 2015 we have already seen a large increase of enquiries from people who would like to become an Interim Manager.
Senior Executives from a host of manufacturing industry segments have recently told us that they now see Interim Management as their preferred career path. This sudden influx of new candidates means that it is perhaps more important than ever that everyone tries to make sure that they stand out from the crowd.
We have highlighted some useful advice below:-
- Summarise your USPs in the first paragraph of your CV – remember the 3 second rule
- Gather qualitative and quantitative testimonials from previous clients
- Use Social Media wisely to display the image you wish to promote
- Work your Network to help you find your next interim role
- Select a key number of Interim Service Providers (ISPs) who best represent your sector, discipline and skills – make yourself important to them with regular dialogue and correspondence
It is likely that the trend of people choosing to become freelancers, consultants and Interim Managers will continue throughout 2015 so make sure you are ahead of the curve.